During these unusual times, we at the Peer Support Centre want to help in any way that we can.
While we cannot be there with you in-person, we most certainly can listen empathetically and non-judgmentally through an ONLINE format. We believe that we can continue to provide quality services to all students this way and provide practical help by brainstorming options, suggesting resources, and developing a plan to move forward, if you want.
This is what you should expect from our new ONLINE service:
- Drop-ins and appointments are BOTH welcome. If you would like to drop in during our service hours, you may do so using this Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82928729588. If you would like to book an appointment online with one of our peer-supporters, you may do so up to 1 day in advance.
- We will be conducting our services through Zoom. The peer supporter will be in a private room and wear earphones at all times. While we cannot guarantee confidentiality, we will do our utmost best to keep you feeling comfortable and safe.
- BIPOC and LGTBQIA2+ friendly! The PSC will always try to accommodate your needs. You may make preferential appointments with a certain supporter if desired. Support circles dedicated to creating a safe and non-judgemental space for LGTBQIA2+ and BIPOC will also be offered on a monthly basis.
- Sessions are a maximum of 45 minutes and you are free to discuss and explore anything that is going on in your life.
- Before your support session, a shift lead will walk you through how the support session will work and explain the support agreement with you. They will answer any questions you may have regarding confidentiality or the support centre in general. Afterwords, you will enter a private Zoom breakout room with a supporter.
- After you have discussed what is on your mind, the support session will end and you will be given a post-session questionnaire to be completed. This is a great opportunity to give feedback on your time at PSC, so that we can continuously improve our services.
We make no guarantee at the moment that you will see the same peer supporter, but you are always more than welcome to return to PSC!